Tuesday 5 March 2013

The General's Office Wagon

Here is the "finished" version:

Just some highlights on the tilt and the curtains. I printed up some period maps and Harper's Weekly newspaper pages from some web images for the maps and office debris. The seated officer and chairs are from Old Glory's Union camp pack.


There is a sheltered inner office at the front of the wagon.



And a bed in the wallpapered chamber in the rear. I may add some details to the interior and will add some further ground cover when my other projects are completed.  That way I can "even-out" the textures and materials of the ground cover. One idea I am toying with is to hang a corps flag off the backside of the wagon. This side is not shown here, but it is pretty 'blank'.  Here is a flag sculpted out of green stuff. We'll see if my eyesight holds and my hand is steady enough to do a corp symbol and number!




3 comments:

  1. Major General George Thomas would be delighted that you've modeled his command wagon. He commanded XIV Corps of the Army of the Cumberland at Chickamauga. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XIV_Corps_%28ACW%29

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scratcbuild, Sir. If you can putty a flag, as you've done, you can paint it! (Blink often!)

    ReplyDelete